|National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country
Live Temperatures Around Kern County
5 Day Forecast for Zip Code 93226
Air Pollution Forecast for Bakersfield
California Cities | US Cities | International Cities
|Winter Weather Advisory||Statement as of 12:34 PM PST on December 7, 2013|
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 10 PM PST this
evening above 1500 feet...
A Winter Weather Advisory above 1500 feet remains in effect until
10 PM PST this evening for the Kern County mountains.
* Snow accumulations: 3 to 7 inches above 1500 feet. Some snow
accumulations near 1000 feet.
* Timing: snow will begin late tonight... with heavier snow
developing during the morning Saturday. Snow is expected to
taper off during evening Saturday.
* Locations include: Tehachapi... Lake Isabella
* winds: westerly winds of 40 to 60 mph with gusts up to 80 mph
through mountain passes and higher elevations will cause
drifting and blowing snow at times.
* Impacts: slick and snow covered roads with winter driving
conditions are likely. Motorists should anticipate travel
delays and possible Road closures.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while