|National Weather Service:
Winter Storm Warning , Wind Advisory
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country
Live Temperatures Around Kern County
5 Day Forecast for Zip Code 93238
Air Pollution Forecast for Bakersfield
California Cities | US Cities | International Cities
|Winter Storm Warning||Statement as of 6:00 PM PST on January 18, 2017|
... Winter Storm Warning in effect until 2 PM PST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for snow... which is in effect until 2 PM PST Thursday.
* Accumulations... 4 to 10 inches, with localized amounts to 14
inches above 5000 feet.
* Locations... Kern County mountains above 5000 feet.
* Hazard types... heavy snow and gusty winds.
* Timing... through Thursday afternoon.
* Impacts... the heavy snow will make many roads impassable and
may produce widespread power outages due to the weight of the
snow on tree limbs and power lines. Strong winds will lead to
blowing snow... reduced visibility... and additional power
* Winds... southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
|Wind Advisory||Statement as of 8:11 PM PST on January 18, 2017|
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST Thursday...
* location... around the San Emigdio and temblor mountain
ranges... including Interstate 5 through the Grapevine.
* Winds... southeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase early this evening with strongest
gusts from the late evening into the early morning.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs... trees... and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.