|National Weather Service:
Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country
Live Temperatures Around Kern County
5 Day Forecast for Zip Code 93238
Air Pollution Forecast for Bakersfield
California Cities | US Cities | International Cities
|Wind Advisory||Statement as of 9:20 PM PDT on June 24, 2016|
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 5 am PDT Saturday...
* timing... gusty winds will continue through tonight and
decrease by early Saturday morning.
* Winds... west 20 to 35 mph with gusts to around 55 mph.
* Impacts... localized blowing dust and sand reducing visibility
with strong cross winds making handling of high profile
vehicles such as trucks... motor homes and autos pulling
trailers difficult. The strongest winds will occur through and
below the passes affecting highways 14... 58... 178 and U.S.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
|Fire Weather Warning||Statement as of 10:00 PM PDT on June 24, 2016|
... Red flag warning in effect until 10 am Saturday morning for
gusty winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zone 295...
* affected area... fire weather zone 295.
* Winds... west to northwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55
* Relative humidity... as low as 8-14 percent through the Saturday
* Impacts... if fire ignition occurs... conditions will be
favorable for extreme fire behavior and rapid fire spread...
which could threaten life and property.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.