|National Weather Service:
Wind Advisory , Gale Warning
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country
Live Temperatures Around Kern County
5 Day Forecast for Zip Code 93249
Air Pollution Forecast for Hanford
California Cities | US Cities | International Cities
|Wind Advisory||Statement as of 8:11 PM PST on January 18, 2017|
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST Thursday...
* location... around the San Emigdio and temblor mountain
ranges... including Interstate 5 through the Grapevine.
* Winds... southeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase early this evening with strongest
gusts from the late evening into the early morning.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs... trees... and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
|Gale Warning||Statement as of 9:06 PM PST on January 18, 2017|
... Gale Warning remains in effect until 3 am PST Thursday...
* winds... south winds 20 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt will
continue through early Thursday morning.
* Seas... combined seas of 9 to 12 feet with periods around 13
seconds are expected when waves are largest.
A Gale Warning means winds of 34 to 47 knots are imminent or
occuring. Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires
experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly
recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe
Harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.