|National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Advisory
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country
Live Temperatures Around Kern County
5 Day Forecast for Zip Code 93561
Air Pollution Forecast for Bakersfield
California Cities | US Cities | International Cities
|Winter Weather Advisory||Statement as of 1:28 PM PST on February 28, 2015|
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST
* hazard types... accumulating snow at elevations above 4000
feet. Windy through and below mountain passes.
* Snow accumulations... up to 1 inch.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Timing... showers will develop over the Kern County mountains
today and continue through Monday morning. Snow levels will
lower to near 5000 feet this morning... then lower to near 4000
feet by late this afternoon.
* Impacts... people traveling over Interstate 5 or highways 58
and 178 should be prepared for slick roads and possible travel
delays tonight through Sunday night.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
|Wind Advisory||Statement as of 9:15 am PST on February 28, 2015|
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM PST this
* winds... west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Impacts... cross winds along Highway 14 and below the passes in
Mojave along Highway 58. Strong winds and through below Walker
Pass along Highway 178. Possible Crosswinds along U.S. 395
A Wind Advisory means that winds of are expected. Winds this
strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.