|National Weather Service:
Winter Storm Warning , Wind Advisory , Small Craft Advisory, Gale Watch
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country
Live Temperatures Around Kern County
5 Day Forecast for Zip Code 93561
Air Pollution Forecast for Bakersfield
California Cities | US Cities | International Cities
|Winter Storm Warning||Statement as of 6:00 PM PST on January 18, 2017|
... Winter Storm Warning in effect until 2 PM PST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for snow... which is in effect until 2 PM PST Thursday.
* Accumulations... 4 to 10 inches, with localized amounts to 14
inches above 5000 feet.
* Locations... Kern County mountains above 5000 feet.
* Hazard types... heavy snow and gusty winds.
* Timing... through Thursday afternoon.
* Impacts... the heavy snow will make many roads impassable and
may produce widespread power outages due to the weight of the
snow on tree limbs and power lines. Strong winds will lead to
blowing snow... reduced visibility... and additional power
* Winds... southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
|Wind Advisory||Statement as of 8:11 PM PST on January 18, 2017|
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4 am PST Thursday...
* location... around the San Emigdio and temblor mountain
ranges... including Interstate 5 through the Grapevine.
* Winds... southeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase early this evening with strongest
gusts from the late evening into the early morning.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs... trees... and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 45 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
|Small Craft Advisory, Gale Watch||Statement as of 9:06 PM PST on January 18, 2017|
... Small Craft Advisory remains in effect until 9 am PST
... Gale watch remains in effect from Friday morning through
* winds... southeast to south winds will increase to 15 to 25 kt
with gusts to 30 kt late tonight and early Thursday morning.
Winds will diminish some on Thursday afternoon and Thursday
night then west winds will develop and increase to 15 to 30 kt
with gusts up to 40 kt are possible Friday and Friday night.
* Seas... combined seas will build to 4 to 6 feet late tonight and
early Thursday morning. Seas will continue to build to 14 to 17
feet with periods around 15 seconds by Saturday morning.
A gale watch is issued when hazardous gale force winds of 34 to
47 knots are probable in the near future... but the specific
timing and/or location is still uncertain. It is intended to
provide additional lead time for mariners who may wish to
consider altering their plans.
A Small Craft Advisory means that hazardous sea conditions will
exist for small craft. Inexperienced mariners... especially those
operating smaller vessels should avoid navigating in these